Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About Me and Artistic Influences


Brice Marden

Felix Gonzalez-Torres

Cindy Sherman

Vincent Van Gogh

I am 22 years old. I first attended Mason Gross School of The Arts at Rutgers University as a Fine Arts Major. Recently, I transferred to The College of New Jersey and switched my major to Art Education. I have very little experience with Photoshop or Illustrator. I prefer to use a Mac however, if I have no other choice, I can use a PC.

I began college with my mind set on painting. For as long as I can remember Vincent Van Gogh has been one of my favorite artists. His work has influenced me since high school and continues to do so even today. However, during my second year of college I took a photography class and began thinking about and working with different, untraditional mediums. The past couple years I have been studying contemporary and conceptual art. After learning so much about it, I've begun to think about my art a little differently. Not necessarily thinking about what my art is but, rather, what my art is saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment