Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Project #2



For this project I wanted to play with the idea of public vs. private. I wanted to use images of different parts of my body in their most natural state. The images show different parts of me which are normally concealed or altered, with makeup or clothes, before I go out in public. Each photograph shows a different flaw or imperfection that I see when I look at myself. The text for this piece was taken from the first few lines of a Walt Whitman poem, "Song of Myself". The poem is about a persons coming of age as well as discovering yourself as you grow older and celebrating the beauty of nature.

I used photoshop to play around with the lighting of the different images. I also flipped two of the images horizontally because I thought they were more successful that way. The clone tool was very useful as well in making background of the images work together. I used illustrator to create the text in the images and to align everything the way I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment