Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Project 3


BOOK: REVENGE OF THE LUNCH LADIES
POEM: MY GIRLFRIEND, BY KENN NESBITT

I got a new girlfriend, though I don't like girls.
I haven't much money, but I buy her pearls.

I'm always embarrassed, but I give her flowers,
and talk on the phone every evening for hours.

We go to the movies, and she gets to pick.
She wants to hold hands, though it makes me feel sick.

She likes when I smell goo, so I take a bath.
I do what she asks me, and she does my math.






For this projects I would like to emphasize the many layers of this boy's relationship with his girlfriend. I would also like to highlight the cute and funny qualities of the poem with illustrations. I plan to create a book that requires the reader to physically flip through the many layers behind the real reason this boy has a girlfriend. I plan to draw an illustration for each line of the poem, then scan it into Adobe Illustrator, and then use the Live Trace and Live Paint tools. The actual material for the book will be some kind of thick paper, which I will then stitch together with thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment